Community Health Record
While electronic health records (EHRs) have made it easier for providers within the same organization or on the same EHR system to share patient information, sharing patient information across systems and locations can be a challenge. WISHIN meets this challenge with WISHIN Pulse.
What It Does
WISHIN Pulse enhances clinical decision-making and empowers community providers to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate patient care. It minimizes duplication of tests and other services and provides caregivers with critical information such as health history, problem lists, allergies, and medications. With access to a more complete set of patient information, physicians can make more informed clinical decisions.
Because the patient information in WISHIN Pulse is provided automatically in real-time (with the exception of Medicaid prescription-fill data, delivered twice daily), there’s no more waiting for medical records to be mailed or faxed. Providers can have patient information at their fingertips—giving the provider more time with the patient. And, in an emergency situation, or when the patient’s ability to communicate is limited or impaired, WISHIN Pulse can fill in the gaps of the patient’s histories, allergies, and medications, allowing providers to make quicker diagnoses, more targeted treatment recommendations, and improving patient safety.
For a list of participating providers see our Participating Providers map.
How It Works
In WISHIN Pulse, providers are able to search for and view a patient’s consolidated, longitudinal health record. Providers can look up a patient and view recent lab and pathology results, ADTs, face sheets, care summaries, EKGs, and more.
WISHIN Pulse accommodates providers with a wide range of workflow and technical capabilities, including:
- A stand-alone WISHIN Pulse portal: No technical integration is required.
- Integration of the WISHIN Pulse portal into a provider’s EHR: Eliminates the need for providers to go outside their existing EHR to access the data in WISHIN Pulse. Integration automates the sharing of user login credentials and patient demographic information, eliminating extra “clicks” and automating the patient lookup.
- Via automated queries from your EHR: Integration at the data level that brings a patient’s medical information from WISHIN Pulse directly into the provider EHR’s patient chart.
- Delivery of results (lab, pathology, and radiology) directly into your EHR
Data Available in WISHIN Pulse
- Admit, Discharge, and Transfer (ADT) information
- Lab and pathology results
- Radiology reports
- Transcribed Reports (i.e., discharge summaries, advance directives, H&Ps, operative reports, etc.)
- Care Summaries (CCDAs)
- Integrated access to the Wisconsin ePDMP, Wisconsin’s database for opioid prescriptions and other controlled substances.
- Wisconsin Medicaid pharmacy-fill data
- Immunizations and immunization schedule information from the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR)
Easily Create Community-Wide Care Summaries
Providers using the WISHIN Pulse web portal or who have integrated the portal into their EHR can create community-wide care summaries from the data contained in WISHIN Pulse. Community-wide care summaries contain all the data on the patient that is available in WISHIN Pulse. They are created in a standardized format (called CCDA) that providers can use to share with other providers or import into their own EHR. Community-wide care summaries are especially useful for referrals or care transitions where accurate and timely information sharing keeps all providers informed of the patient’s history, clinical activities, status, and treatment. Once created, community-wide care summaries can be printed or downloaded. Downloaded community-wide care summaries can be shared with other providers or saved into the patient’s chart.