State Health Information Exchange (HIE) Cooperative Agreement Program (CAP)
On October 16, 2009, Wisconsin submitted its application for the State HIE CAP funding opportunity. Wisconsin's project for statewide HIE is titled “Wisconsin Relay of Electronic Data for Health” or “WIRED for Health”. The goal of the WIRED for Health project was to build substantial health information exchange capacity statewide to support providers' meaningful use of electronic health records and enable efficient, appropriate, and secure flow of information to optimize decisions for health. The approach was to plan, develop, and implement standards-based, secure electronic exchange of patient and health data.
Wisconsin's HIE CAP Application Documents
Wisconsin's State HIE CAP Application for the WIRED for Health Project
- Project Abstract (PDF, 17 KB) October 16, 2009
- Project Narrative (PDF, 340 KB) October 16, 2009
- Project Budget (PDF, 73 KB) October 16, 2009
- WI DHS Project Organizational Chart (PDF, 47 KB) June 2, 2010
- Wisconsin's Letter of Intent to Apply for the State HIE Cooperative Agreement Program (PDF, 91 KB) September 11, 2009
WIRED for Health Strategic and Operational Plan
The WIRED for Health Board and the Department of Health Services completed the development of the Wisconsin's Strategic and Operational Plan (SOP) and the federal Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT approved the plan in December 2010.
To view the original SOP, along with the 2012 SOP update, click here.