Privacy policies and security controls developed at a National level provide assurances that personal health information is kept confidential and secure. WISHIN incorporates these privacy policies and security controls into its products and services and in the WISHIN Participation Agreement that is signed by all WISHIN participants. These policies and controls address:
- Compliance with applicable state and federal laws,
- Cooperation with other WISHIN participants,
- Use of WISHIN only for HIPAA permitted purposes, and
- Privacy and security measures that must be in place before using WISHIN’s products and/or services
How will WISHIN protect privacy and security?
- HIPAA Compliance: WISHIN, along with all WISHIN participants, must comply with the policies, procedures, and regulations established by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
- Audit and Tracking: WISHIN and WISHIN participants are able to monitor access to WISHIN’s products. Audit logs record system activity so that all activity can be tracked and traced to its origination. Reports are generated from audit records and are used to provide transparency in how health information has been accessed or exchanged.
For additional information, see WISHIN's Privacy Policies and Security Policies below:
WISHIN Updated HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies (9/7/2018 & 12/5/2018)
WISHIN 2013 HIPAA Privacy Policies
WISHIN 2013 HIPAA Security Policies
Participant Safeguards Checklist
WISHIN Statement on Privacy, Security and HIPAA Compliance
Privacy Law Summary